Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a multiskilled maintenance Electrician to work on a prestigious facility in the Leeds area. The role will involve the PPM and reactive maintenance to the estate and to provide an effective engineering service as part of the resident team.
The role is a permanent position paying £36000 basic salary. Overtime available. Mon-Fri days 40 hours per week.
25 days holiday plus stat
On-call 1 in 4 (£100 standby payment)
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
· Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
· Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
· Prioritise electrical maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
· Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
· Work on data centre plant room and ensure backup, UPS etc. are maintained
· Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
· Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
· Complete electrical installation projects and refurbishments
· Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
· Overlap with the mechanical and fabric teams and provide general building services maintenance including AHU's, fan coils etc.
· Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
· NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
· City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition
· Ideally ECS but not essential
· Experience of Maintenance and FM sector operations. including having a multiskilled outlook on general mechanical and fabric tasks
· Client facing skills
Possible clearance required due to the nature of the site.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.