Job descriptionThe Job:
To provide and manage the M&E services to a commercial building and plant room, providing a customer focussed service to its staff and visitors.
To ensure the smooth running of the M&E operation in place at site & to bring solutions to the team when problems occur.
This position can become pressurised at times and due to the requests of the customer. However, an ability to organise, plan and prioritise work and a flexible approach to working hours is essential.
It is essential for the job holder to use initiative yet know when it is appropriate to seek advice or authority, an eye for detail and to strive for excellent standards in workmanship is expected.
- Work to achieve a ‘Best in Class’ approach to Engineering and Fabric services including those provided through sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all engineering services are properly maintained and are providing the environmental conditions and exceeding the business needs required by the Client.
- Ensure that the M&E and fabric elements of the portfolio are maintained to a standard that is acceptable to the Client and within any budget constraints that may be imposed.
- Ensure that all PPM, Reactive and project works are within the agreed KPI’s.
- Take ownership of, and lead, all planned and unplanned improvements to the engineering services.
- Seek continuous improvement and innovation within the M&E and Fabric service.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all building users and suppliers
- Graduate calibre (or appropriate time served track record).
- Professional qualifications in M&E services.
- 17th/ 18th edition
- Maintain personal engineering knowledge in line with current standards and changing legislation.
- Experience of working under strict Health & Safety procedures including risk assessments and method statements.
- Significant previous experience in providing reactive and PPM building services maintenance.
- Support Appraisal and Development program to include training and succession planning.
- Good level of IT skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Effective communication.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace.
- A good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate and influence across Client and Supplier organisations.