Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a maintenance handyperson to complete PPM and reactive maintenance of fabric and general building upkeep. The role will cover the handyperson and improver duties associated with the maintenance of retail site based in the Burnley area. This is an immediate start, on going role paying £11.05ph, Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and handyperson tasks. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works at various sites with the lead engineers.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
· Assist the engineers or other technicians with any major or minor maintenance work.
· Complete all necessary PPM’s and reactive maintenance schedules within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and as required.
· General fabric handyperson tasks and Legionella prevention tasks
· General painting, patch plastering, basic joinery, ceiling tiles, etc.
· Responding promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as necessary.
· Prioritising and completing minor fabric maintenance and repair work to agreed timescales.
· Ensuring all tools and equipment necessary to complete minor maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times.
· Although aligned to an area for the purpose of PPM completion there may be times that the engineer will be required to attend other sites within the cluster to carry out work.
· Attend training courses as and when necessary by the company.
· Complying with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
· Assisting teams when requested.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with client colleagues.
· Carry out all tasks in accordance with specific KPI’s.
· Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum.
· Any trade qualifications would be advantageous - but not essential
· Previous experience in building maintenance is required.
· Ability to maintain and repair a range of equipment.
· Quality of repairs and maintenance.
· Response to service call requests within agreed response times
· Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.