Job descriptionJob Title: Shift Maintenance Operative
Location: Bristol, Avon
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 month (potential to be extended, also potential of the role going permanent)
Hourly rate: £14- £15ph
Do you live in Bristol?
Do you have experience working on commercial buildings as a Maintenance Operative?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
Exciting opportunity to work as a maintenance operative has arisen for an established FM service provider situated in Bristol, Avon.
PRS are currently looking for a Maintenance Operative to be based on a commercial site in Bristol, Avon. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Maintenance Operative/ Technician with experience carrying out statutory and non-statutory PPM routines on various types of building and plant equipment.
The hours are 4 on 4 off pattern 07:00-19:00 days, 19:00-07:00 nights.
To undertake the maintenance of the building as directed by the PPM schedule and the management, using the appropriate trade skills required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
To apply relevant trade skills to undertaking scheduled planned, reactive maintenance and new installation tasks as directed by the Management.
- To maintain appropriate qualifications, and up-to-date trade knowledge, as may be required for the safe and efficient performance of duties.
- To immediately report any potentially dangerous situations to the Management.
- To order materials and services as required using ordering system and updating records, certify satisfactory delivery / completion.
- To oversee specialist contractors
- To apply relevant trade skills to undertaking scheduled installation/repair works as directed by the Management.
- To ensure the satisfactory, prompt and accurate completion of any associated paperwork as required by the company, i.e. job record cards, electronic tablets etc.
- To support and practice the Company's Customer Care Philosophy to ensure customer satisfaction by liaising with the client at all stages.
- To comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and Procedures.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service. Significant permanent changes in duties will require agreed revisions to be made to this Job Description.
Candidates will need to have experienced in a fabric technician or handy person position.
Ideally semi qualified in either electrical or mechanical engineering to Level 2 NVQ in Electrical/mechanical services or equivalent. 17th/18th edition although this is not essential.