Job descriptionMy client is seeking an experienced Maintenance Plumber / Fabric Technician based in Manchester on a static basis working for a National FM provider. This is a temporary, ongoing role, (with a view to transfer into a permament position) paying £13.50 PH - £18.00 Umbrella for the ideal candidate, working Monday - Friday 40.00 hours per week
Main duties as the Mainteance Operative include although are not limited to the following:
· To ensure the effective provision of fabric services in an efficient and courteous manner with a strong focus on customer care.
- Plumbing, basic lamping, compliance checks, joinery works, painting and general building fabric upkeep
· You will be fully responsible for undertaking various types of handyman repairs and supporting the engineering team through all aspects of the M&E maintenance within the FM contract.
· Ensure that your professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
· Provide a full range of general fabric duties.
· Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies & procedures, as well as clients site policies & procedures and working arrangements.
· Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems for both yourself and subcontracted services.
· Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
· On call, this will be part of the role, frequency TBC.
· Previous experience working in the FM building / maintenance industry
- Ideally a trade such as plumbing or Joinery
· Good level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Good client facing skills
· Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures required.
· Ability to work independently and unsupervised at times
· Excellent time management skills
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.