Job descriptionWe are currently recruiting for a mechanical design engineer to join one of the most reputable companies within the facilities management industry. The role will be operating out of the client's Manchester office although regional and national travel will be required on occasion. The role is paying up to £40,000 plus car allowance and other benefits.
The role will provide design activities to various EE and MSS clean rooms, production and research facilities and general buildings.
The building services design engineer will provide full project lifecycle design duties from estimating a solution for a client concept or problem, to a designed and costed proposal, then developing the design to enable successful construction and handover.
Aims and Objectives
You will primarily be involved in the review and evaluation of the required building services systems to various facilities whether new build or refurbishments.
· You could receive initial concepts and briefs or you could be interpreting a written package of works and developing it into a detailed and coordinated work package.
· There will be governance and employers requirements which will differ between the various markets and customers that you will need to understand and apply in your designs.
· To work with the operations team to assist with programming and reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Reporting to the Design Manager you will have responsibility for design aspects on the individual projects you are assigned to, these can be split into specific areas:
Tender stage design and estimation
· Preparation of RFIs to ensure clients’ requirements are achieved.
· Correctly interpret drawings and documents for design purposes.
· Assess buildability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required.
· Prepare initial Feasibility Studies.
· Preparation of Performance and Detailed Specifications.
· Prepare in with collaboration with the design the team a risk and opportunities register.
· To issue final construction stage packages with the relevant document issue sheet to clients.
· Attendance to coordination meetings at the client’s site or the delegation
· The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
· Your building services design duties will include but not be limited to the following:-
HVAC and Psychrometric Relationships when applied to environmental control
Public Health, WFI, RO, DI systems
Steam and Condensate, LPHW, HPHW
Chilled Water and the refrigeration cooling cycle
· Engineering qualification to HNC level as a minimum.
· Conversant with a wide range of mechanical and elecrical building service systems and equipment.
· Building Management Systems and associated principles.
· IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD, Hevacomp.
· You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach.
· Experience of working in a controlled manner with existing systems but able to suggest and implement efficiencies.
· Experience within Food & Beverage / Pharmaceutical sectors.
· Experience with instrumentation and EMS.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now