Job descriptionMechanical Design Engineer
London & South East
FULL TIME WORK FROM HOME
PRS are excited to be working with this growing Building Services Design Consultancy in their recruitment for a Mechanical Design Engineer who will be full time working from home. The Mechanical Design Engineer role includes carrying out site visits and client meetings as required, there is a London office for when you require, but the role is exclusively based from home.
The client is looking for an experienced, motivated Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join the team where growth and opportunities are key.
This opportunity will involve working as part of the team delivering engineering design solutions and engineering management consultancy to clients across a wide variety of projects. They work on projects and provides building services engineering advice across a wide variety clients and market sectors. These include design and advice work for property owners / developers, contractors, managing agents and blue-chip corporate organisations.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day-to-day design, management, and delivery of projects. Flexibility will be required to adapt from engineering design to engineering management tasks in the form of condition surveys and giving technical advice. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to further develop their career within a growing building services engineering consultancy.
Our focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management.
- Ensuring an understanding of project briefs
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS
- Preparing drawings and drafting by use of Autodesk CAD & Revit
- Representing the client at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works.
- Condition Surveys
- Advising property managers on best operation of their building engineering services
- Report & technical note writing
- Maintaining complete records and archives to company standards
- Adherence to all quality, environmental & governance processes
- Managing own workload, updating the team on project progress.
- Managing elements of project delivery and an understanding of budget costings
- Degree qualified, or suitable equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects
- Chartered Engineer with CIBSE / IMechE
- Good level of computer literacy in a range of digital tools inc.; IES thermal modelling package, Hevacomp, NBS and Microsoft packages
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential.
- Have a detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in projects between pure design and engineering management consultancy work.
Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as required by the management team from time to time in order to maintain flexibility in the organisation. We support agile & flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.