Job descriptionMechanical Engineer ( Temp vacancy )
Duration: ASAP- June 2020
Shift: Monday-Friday, 0800-1700, Overtime possible.
Salary: £18 p/h LTD, weekly pay one week in hand
Location: CB21 6GS
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting client sites.
- Ensure that your technical training and development is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is completed in accordance with client and client requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring that urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and ensure that you represent the client in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform call out duty as required in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Comply with any reasonable request from line manager.
- This position requires ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant job specific discipline.
- Proven experience within a building services environment.
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000/Confined Space, Legionella, and Permit to Work systems.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Understand the cost of poor performance.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Service Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance/ health and safety and environment.
- Have good decision making and communication skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- The individual must be willing to attain an Appointed position (Pressure Systems and/or Confined Spaces).
- Motivated self starter.
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract.
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals.
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change.
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
- Pro-active approach.
- Deductive Reasoning-the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- The ability to gather information from all relevant sources.
- The ability to communicate with supervisors and peers, providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.