Job descriptionWe are looking to recruit a Mechanical Estimator to work for a highly regarded Engineering company in the North West area (Greater Manchester/ Merseyside).
This is a contract for for 4-6 weeks with the possibility of a permanent placement.
The pay rate is £24.00ph PAYE or £28ph LTD.
Mechanical Estimator Tasks include:
Identify full scope and timescale of works and create the required Mechanical project work tender breakdown structure.
Assist in the provision of information to enable drawings to be prepared.
Liaise with client to clarify scope of projects and arrange pre contract information. Oversee and provide buying assistance to site managers and collate sub-contractors.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years as an Estimator and is looking to expand their career over the next couple of years into a more senior management position within a growing organisation.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities:
· Sector and Categorise the supply chain companies
· Work off technical drawings, building/project/design plans and take offs and HVAC / Mechanical plant and services
· Liaise with project managers and QS teams
· Provide estimation of logistics, supplies, equipment and overheads
· Generate Rebates / Discounts with strategic suppliers and sub-contractors
· Seek self delivery opportunities of core services as opposed to sub-contracting (margin improvements)
· Meet with suppliers and sub-contractors to create strategic framework agreements
· Promote a more strategic view across the business to consolidate expenditure with preferred supply chain companies to gain volume leverage benefits
· Work in conjunction with The Client and subsidiary Group on procurement initiatives to implement within the business
· Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, and be instrumental in leading and implementing the procedures and instructions.
Qualifications Skills Required:
· Estimator experience (Mechanical bias)
· working on technical drawings / take offs and building/project plans
· Supply Chain Activity experience
· Background within the construction / new build
· Self motivated
· Flexible, innovative & assertive
· Full Driving License
This job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.