Job descriptionWe are currently recruiting for a resident Mechanical Maintenance Engineer with Steam Boiler experience to be based on a site in the Wirral area. This is a temporary role working 40 hours per week, pay rate is based on a salary of circa £30.5kpa.Must be time served in mechanical or electrical discipline. Experience of working in a permit environment with safe system of work. Good understanding of the operation of large utility equipment - steam boiler experience preferable.
· Team member of mechanical team delivering mechanical planned and reactive maintenance across the whole site but this role is predominately associated with the maintenance for steam boilers and associated systems
· Operative needs to be BOAS trained to operator level
· Duties will include planned, reactive and installation works
· Operate within the site Permit procedure
Key Duties & Responsibilities·
- Proactive and open approach to the performance and condition of the boiler system is paramount
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance to the 4.5T steam boilers and their associated equipment.
- Ensure the whole boiler system operates at optimum level and any issues are acted upon immediately, escalated where appropriate and recorded
- Daily inspections and recording of results. Activities will include daily visual inspections of the boiler system, review of temperatures and levels, etc and carry out boiler blowdowns. Expectations are that understanding of results will be analysed each day and any issues raised and discussed with site management and BMS provider where appropriate
- Take overall responsibility for managing reactive works with liaison and interaction with BMS provider and any other subcontractors
- All events and changes to the boiler system are recorded in the logbook
- Manage and carry out the planned programme including liaison with subcontractors and insurance companies associated with annual safety
- inspections and certification
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance to water dosing and softener system including hotwell, pumps and reverse osmosis system associated
- with the boiler system
- Operate a Safe System of Work for all works in the boiler house
- Operate and oversee the site Permit system for all works in the boiler house
- Carry out repairs to Mechanical equipment, pipework, pumps, valves and associated mechanical systems as per requirement.
- Carry out installation work on pipework, pumps, valves and associated mechanical systems as per drawings and requirements of the business.
- Ensure all pressure systems are isolated, recorded and documented as per permit or isolation processes prior to any work commencing
- City & Guilds Qualified in steam or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in a Steam and pressure systems
- Hardworking, Career Driven
recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.