Job descriptionMechanical Maintenance Engineer
Commercial Building Maintenance
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Type: ASAP untill 29th April
Hourly Rate: £22.50ph
Do you live near Reigate, Surrey?
Do you have experience as an Multi-skilled Engineer within building services and facilities management?
Are you dedicated to delivering great service and want to join a growing company that looks after its people? Do you have the skills and experience in a similar role with a business-focused mind-set? If so, then we have the role for you.
PRS Southampton is looking for a reliable and experienced Multi-skilled Engineer to carry out service maintenance on a commercial, static site in Reigate. The successful candidate will provide a professional service to our client working on a varied selection of mainly Mechanical and some Electrical systems.
PPM's and Reactive Building Maintenance.
The role is Monday to Friday. 8am – 5pm.
Purpose of the job
- Supporting the General Services Manager and Senior Electrical Engineer/Supervisor in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations defined within the contractual service sheets
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
- Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and report poor performance
- Participate in departmental team meeting and client DSS morning meeting when required
- When necessary, to work with other engineers to provide a core presence at client sites within an extended weekday period
- Carry out tasks as directed by your direct line manager and/or Lead
- To deliver an ethos that promotes IFM with value focused on the customer and service to support the client
- Adherence to the clients policies and procedures regarding processes and health and safety
- Any other appropriate duties as and when requested by company site management team
- Be proactive to identify and report faults with building services equipment and take steps to resolve.
- Maintain informal communications with Client staff members related to service levels and issues
- Report service affecting issued to the site management team for formal communication with the client
- Assume responsibility for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and site-specific health, safety, and welfare policies
- All accidents and unsafe situations must be reported immediately, and accidents recorded in the Accident Book
- The delivery of mechanical installation small works projects as instructed by the Supervisor or Manager(s) in accordance with Legislation
- To diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturers manuals and drawings as required
- To provide the necessary support to enable apprentices to be instructed in all aspects of engineering and building services
- To interpret technical schematics and drawings and utilise this information to perform planned preventative maintenance, rectification of faults and installation of new equipment.
- To clearly identify and record concise details of test results and actions taken when rectifying breakdowns/remedial works and further actions to eliminate or minimise future problems. Ensuring that these records are always kept accurate and up to date
- Involvement with life cycle replacement of engineering and building fabric replacement
- Be adaptable to the introduction and innovation of new technology and working techniques
- Proactively adopt a continuous improvement approach to all duties
- Communicates technical issues to other maintenance staff, explain technical issues to other staff and company Management
- Develop good working relationships with client staff at all levels
- 5 years’ experience relevant experience as a Mechanical technician
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship/training
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft / NVQ Qualification Certificate (electrical / mechanical) and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline
- Experience/knowledge of working with electrical services
- IOSH passport and CSCS card
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health & Safety and general legislative requirements
- Problem solving ability in response to technical issues, fault diagnosis and solution finding
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels within the company
- Numerate and computer literate
- Strong sense of client focus
- Personal presentation must be of a high professional standard
- Prioritising own workload and working under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise others
- Supervising/monitoring/escorting of subcontractors
- Must hold UK driving license
- Proof of eligibility to work in UK