Job descriptionJob Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Building services/ FM)
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Start Date: Immediate start
Type: Temporary with the opportunity of the role becoming permanent for the right candidate
Pay Rate: £18/19ph
Pay: Weekly pay
Do you live near Southampton, Hampshire?
Do you have experience as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer on a commercial site?
Are you immediately available?
Do you have or are you able to pass a DBS check?
If the answer is yes, then read on...
An exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Southampton, Hampshire. PRS are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be based at a commercial site in Southampton. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer ideally with some experience in a critical environment.
This is a temporary position for about 2 months, so therefore he or she will start on a temporary basis with an hourly rate paying £18.00- £19.00 per hour. If you perform well the role could be extended/be made a permanent fixture.
Job Description – Provide the mechanical/HVAC/plumbing service function to facilitate both Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and Reactive maintenance ensuring business continuity is maintained at all times. Assist with specified mechanical/HVAC/plumbing project works.
- Perform a range of planned and reactive maintenance activities on all non-production electrical/mechanical equipment, both indoors, outside and in plant areas assigned through the (PPM) system.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed and signed off within the specified timeframe.
- Manage the daily function of the Building Management System (BMS)
- Diagnose machine breakdowns, recommend replacements for old or faulty electrical components/fittings and assist the Maintenance Supervisor in forecasting requirements.
- Perform mechanical/HVAC/plumbing installation Additional Work Request (AWR’s) as and when required.
- Provide information and support on projects as and when required.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring of all the WEEE waste generated, ensure that the items are well beyond use and inform the Maintenance Supervisor when collection of the waste is required.
- Assist in managing mechanical/HVAC/plumbing equipment and supplies on Industrial site, in collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assist in performing energy audits and recommend alternative sources of energy to reduce energy costs