Job descriptionMechanical Project Manager
PRS are partnering up with a long term client to find an experienced Project Manager with an established reputation and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the industry. It is crucial to this role that the candidate has a proven track record over several years as a Project Manager in managing fabric, mechanical and electrical projects. Proficient in understanding the integration of mechanical and electrical equipment within a commercial building environment. The candidate will be responsible for delivering M&E installation projects and will be accountable for final project delivery. The position has room to further develop, with responsibilities in resourcing, optimizing performance and managing and developing staff under remit.
The candidate will be able to confidently carry out the following duties.
- Read and understand all forms of tenders and associated documentation in order to produce a competitive and high quality tender return leading to a high conversion rate.
- Create a program of works using MS Projects or have experience using similar software
- Develop performance indicators/Management reports/forecasting according to Director’s requirements
- Ensuring legislative health and safety compliance throughout each project, producing Risk assessments and Method statements as necessary
- Communicate and liaise with the client by attending client meetings and by providing communications and reports where necessary.
- To report on the progress and quality of the M&E installation and advise on the procurement and delivery of plant/materials and ensure that they are available within the construction programme.
- Direct Line manager for in house engineers and project administrator
- Liaising with project and site managers and M&E sub contractors to ensure that the installation of the M&E installation is co-ordinated with the fabric of the building.
- Providing expertise in M&E planning and methodology
- Strong experience of managing a team and delivering projects through subcontracted labour
- Capable of managing and delivering projects up to £3m in value
- Thorough understanding of M&E works and in-depth knowledge of the construction process.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification/Health and Safety Equivalent
- Travel expenses paid to and from work to home
- Comprehensive Healthcare program with excellent package