Job descriptionMechanical Services Manager
Building Services – Hospitals
£60,000 to £65,000
PRS are recruiting for the post of Mechanical Services Manager for a highly valued client who are delivering the Hard FM Services to one of the key front-line hospitals in East London. In the role of Mechanical Services Manager, you will be responsible for consistent delivery of building services by all Mechanical employees within the building services team and contractors, to all of the estate under management.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Achieve the Services Standards, comply with policies and procedures, and deliver high quality planned and reactive maintenance (maximised first-time-fix and minimal remedials) to programme as evidenced and recorded in the CAFM system.
- Manage all costs of Mechanical services delivery to deliver the services within the set budget and improve profitability evidenced by monthly review with the Finance Business Partner
- Manage all commercial aspects of the Mechanical services ensuring statutory and contract compliance evidenced by no Health and Safety Executive notices or financial penalties applied for planned and reactive maintenance.
- Ensure assets work properly, are maintained in accordance with the contract, relevant Health Technical Memoranda (HTM), Health Building Memoranda (HBM), Operation and Maintenance Manuals (O&M), and Manufacturers Instructions; and maintained in a good state of repair, evidenced by accurate and complete equipment repair and maintenance CAFM records.
- Ensure a robust system of inspections, incident capture, remediation and reporting is in place evidenced by accurate and complete records against a monthly plan of regular inspections of works completed by managers of supervisors, by supervisors of operatives and subcontractors.
- Coordinate with the Designated Persons (DP) and Authorising Engineer (AE) to make sure all necessary Approved Persons (AP), Competent Persons (CP), are appointed evidenced by signed letters of appointment recorded on the Learning Hub by Learning & Development (L&D). Ensure all APs and CPs carry out timely training to maintain competencies.
- Use all available information and systems to ensure all Subordinates are fully productive
- Attend regular meetings internally and externally to review all aspects of service delivery as directed by management. Ensure meetings notes are taken, recording all actions with a due date and owner. Complete all personal actions, and ensure Subordinates complete assigned actions, in a timely manner.
- Document any request for contract variations and coordinate with the account’s Commercial Manager to implement those changes in accordance with the contract variation procedure.
- Deal with any escalations, including client complaints or concerns or safety issues, raised for the Mechanical team and support your peers as they require to resolve all issues promptly.
- Monitor Performance Standards related to the mechanical services ensuring those standards are achieved as evidenced by no financial deductions.
The successful applicant will ideally have the following experience:
- PFI experience advantageous
- Excellent people and communication skills with the ability to express your thoughts clearly, whether written or spoken
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven operational delivery of a technical workforce (within a healthcare setting is advantageous)
- HTM qualifications / understanding preferable.
- Flexible, ensuring the account maintains a Mechanical site presence 24/7/365 days.
- A desire and ability to succeed through the success of your team
- Comfort working with numbers and in particular a business P&L and Cash Flow