Job descriptionJob Title: Building Maintenance Technician - Mechanically Bias
Location: Reading Berkshire
Hours: Full time
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000
Our client has an opportunity for an engineer looking to take the next step in there career and start to move into the field of project and site management. We are looking for an experienced, motivated Mechanically basis maintenance technician for a key office site in Reading, working alongside and leading the current the current maintenance team to maintain the building facilities and ensure legal compliance.
The role is a site-based role in the Reading however travel may be required to undertake training which will be funded by the company. This role would be 60% hands on and 40% managing so we are looking for a trade qualified person that still likes to get their hands dirty.
The role will include but is not limited to statutory compliance checks, minor electrical works and assisting the contract manager with the management of sub-contractors around the site, taking the lead on all minor projects and managing the engineer workloads using a CAFM system.
Working in a similar role is essential as the contract is live and you would be expected to hit the ground running
- To plan, inspect and carry out repairs or preventative maintenance as required and to respond to breakdowns in a timely fashion.
- Duties include statutory inspection of assets from Emergency Lighting, Water Temperature checks, HAVAC Maintenance, Fire Door inspection, Plumbing repairs, Lighting checks and other minor reactive works.
- Be an ambassador for the customer; dealing professionally with complaints and queries and management of budgets and subcontractors. Supervising engineer sub-contractors upon attending site.
- Minor building fabric repairs there are two other engineers so a team you would be expected to complete 90% of the repair work in house we would be looking for you to lead with the assignment of these works
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with agreed specifications and in line with Health & Safety legislation.
- Upkeep of site documentation so the compliance can be evidenced
Health & Safety Duties:
- Communicate regularly with staff through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and that morale remains high
- Ensure that the company safety image is reflected positively through your actions and those of your subordinates
- To direct activities of all subordinates, ensuring that they are properly trained to competently carry out their duties and responsibilities as well as ensuring that they acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety
- Take responsibility for ensuring that a safe system of work is produced and communicated to employees (subordinates) prior to the commencement of the work activity
- Take responsibility for ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained and fit for purpose
- Ensure that work activities are properly managed and supervised
- Manage the Occupational Road Risk of those drivers under your control
- Manage the safety performance of subordinates and take appropriate disciplinary action for any breaches in accordance with Company Procedure
- Group Safety Support: You will be required to work closely with the Group Health and Safety team who are available to provide safety advice and support.
- Furthermore, you will be required to ensure that safety initiatives are implemented within your areas of control
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Must hold a full UK driver’s license
- Understanding of planned preventative maintenance regimes