Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a Mobile Cleaning Supervisor covering the Wigan area - vehicle provided. This is a temp to permanent role, pay rate £12.00ph, working 30 hours per week between the hours of 6.00am and 6.00pm. You be responsible for a team of cleaners covering the management of multiple schools in Wigan - DBS required or willing to undergo one.
Duties / Purpose
· Manage, supervise all cleaning staff identified within your respective service delivery locations and must be "hands on" when short staffed
· Support the recruitment of cleaning staff in accordance with client recruitment policies and procedures
· Induct and provide on-the-job training of all new staff in accordance with relevant health and safety practices.
· Be responsible for the enforcement of safe working practice on your respective sites.
· Complete mandatory training
· Complete Absence Paperwork such as: Return To Work interviews/Home visits, Staff Appraisals etc
· Ensure all buildings have relevant equipment and training manuals in accordance with H&S legislation.
· Ensure effective movement of staff between buildings
· Monitor all overtime in line with set KPI’s
· Manage both staff holidays and sickness and updating building client‘s where applicable.
· Undertake cleaning Audits
· Ensure all relevant buildings have adequate cleaning materials and are complying with H&S regulations.
· Update staff and clients on a regular basis details ensuring they are current.
Key Skills / Qualifications
· 3 years experience as a cleaning team leader would be desirable.
· Have used a range of cleaning equipment and machines (i.e. scrubbers, polishers, vacuum cleaners Micro Fibre systems etc) cleaning a variety of surfaces (i.e. carpets, hard floors, floor stripping and re-polishing)
· Understand the correct use of colour coded equipment i.e. Micro Fibre systems, Cloths, Mops
· Have a good understanding of COSHH, Health and Safety, Cleaning Method Statements and appropriate Risk Assessments, Manual Handling
· Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
· Hold practical experience in cleaning supervision preferred with an ability to communicate effectively with all staff members and the general public, having a sympathetic nature but be assertive in rejecting unreasonable demands
· Be fair but firm in dealing with staff matters, have foresight in responding to the demands of others.
· Have a basic working knowledge of computer programs, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Be able to allocate and reallocate labour against cleaning contracts
· Be willing to undertake further formal training as deemed necessary to enable competence (i.e. BICS, H&S training etc)
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.