Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced and customer facing maintenance electrician to cover the prestigious maintenance contract across the Yorkshire region.
You will be responsible for the building services maintenance on each facility via PPM and reactive works. This will include electrical and basic mechanical/fabric building services plant.
The position is permanent
Mobile role – vehicle supplied / fuel card etc.
Basic salary £34k
40 hours per week Mon-Fri – flexibility
On call 1 in3 / 1 in 4 (payment package)
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation.
· Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
· Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
· Prioritise electrical maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
· Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
· Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
· Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
· Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
· Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
· Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
· Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
· Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
· Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with customer employees
· Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
Also to complete general fabric and mechanical plant upkeep and compliance tasks such as tap temps and flushing etc.
· Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum, NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
· City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition
· Quality of repairs and maintenance – plus fabric duties - including HVAC plant maintenance, AHU's, fan coils etc.
Experience of compliance duties such as system checks, tap temps and anti legionella processes
· Speed and efficiency of work
· Valid driving license
· Response to service call requests within agreed response times
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS a re a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.