Job descriptionAre you tired of the cold dark mornings that come along with working on a construction site? Then we have an exciting opportunity in the modular construction sector that could be perfect for you.
PRS are now seeking a Modular Joinery Shop Operative to become a key member of a joinery workshop team. You will be expected to install modular buildings and fit them out, including IPS, fitted furniture, partitioning, firestone roofing and doors.
This work will involve the assembly and production of modular buildings. This will include interior and exterior work. You must have previous experience in this area.
This is a full time, permanent position for 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- To communicate any problems to the Management
- Manufacture doors/door sets to a high standard
- Flexible on overtime when required
- Operate equipment in line with health and safety regulations
- Manufacture product to specification within allotted time scales
- Ensure good housekeeping and manufacturing practices
- Carry out all reasonable production related requests as instructed by the Line Supervisor
- Where appropriate, you will be expected to support colleagues as requested to cover holidays and sickness
- Ensure Health and Safety at Work regulations are complied with
- Any other duties required by the Line Supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Understanding of machinery
- Capable of working from worksheets
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
- Must be able to think proactively
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to prioritise workload
- Team player, and ability to work individually
- Good time keeping skills
- Knowledge of the industry would be preferred
- CNC experience would be beneficial
- First Aid qualification would be preferred