Job descriptionJob Title: Multi-skilled Technician (Electrical bias)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Start Date: ASAP
Duties / Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Deliverables
- Provide general Electrical / HVCA/ Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all Electrical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, company and site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of Electrical Installations in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing durations of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (Electrical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleagues.
- Perform other reasonable duties as agreed with EFS management.
- Support the Building Manager, providing information necessary to establish financial completion of accounts.
- Ensuring that the JDE ordering system is followed and that full accountability is available.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have an adaptable/flexible approach.
- Capable of obtaining the highest level of security clearance, currently DV.
- The ideal candidate will have the 17th edition electrical C&G certificate or be willing to complete the course. Qualified to C&G 2360.
- Have or be working towards obtaining C&G 2391 inspection and test of electrical installations would be an advantage.
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVCA and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.