Job descriptionOperations Manager
£65,000 + package
PRS are currently recruiting for an Operations Manager to be based at a large manufacturing site in Hertfordshire. The role is overseeing the M&E Building services engineering delivery on site, to effectively manage a portfolio of business, and to ensure high quality service standards and service delivery on the contracts.
- To orchestrate and implement challenging growth plans for the contracts through continuous enterprising and strategic management.
- To regularly meet with customer interface representatives to communicate key contract issues in support of sustaining values and smooth running of contracts.
- To provide innovation, vision, leadership, business development, best practice solutions and benchmarking across the portfolio of client sites.
- To take full profit and loss responsibility for the contract.
- To ensure an annual and forward business plan and budget is in place for the contract or contracts which will fulfil client cost down expectations and budgetary requirements
- To report to regional management any financial exceptions and other information as required.
- To ensure that appropriate the Team understand their responsibilities with regard to financial performance against budget and implement action to ensure that financial targets are met.
- To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of the operational activities within the region. EG: IMS, H&S, ISO14001, legislative.
- To attend scheduled and ad hoc meetings as required by the General Manager.
- To communicate relevant issues to management team when appropriate and proactively request support when required.
- To provide clear operational direction to Management and site staff across the portfolio.
- To agree and to regularly review clear performance objectives for each team member and to undertake an annual appraisal with each direct report.
- To provide technical and operational input to the contract.
- To identify operational improvements and enhancements to meet with contractual requirement of continuous improvement.
- To regularly monitor health and safety performance in concert with the H&S Associate.
- Sound management and interpersonal skills to effectively provide leadership to the organisation and subordinates staff.
- Capability to be pro-active in the resolution of operational and technical problems and disputes as they may arise from time to time (with clients and staff).
- Good quality communication skill (both oral & written) and strong capability to effectively manage client and subordinate relationships.
- Sound I.T. and related skills and competency in Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and added advantages.