Salary: £14.00-£15.00 per hour
Hours: 40 Hours
Do you have extensive painting and decorating experience? Are you committed to providing great customer service and working to the highest of standards? Then we may have just the job for you!
Our client is an award-winning organisation that currently owns and manages around 3,000 rented properties in mid and south Wales, working in several local authority areas.
Our client has been created to operate as an ‘In-House Contractor’ designed and structured to drive quality customer services, whilst achieving substantial planned growth and expansion, potentially outside of the group. Our client is a subsidiary company which provides maintenance services to our client.
About the role
We are looking for a Painter/Decorator to carry out painting and decorating to their properties and to deliver a high-quality service whilst maintaining their building to the highest standard.
- Ensure that tenants are provided with a high quality, customer focused service.
- Complete job specific tasks, ensuring that the work is undertaken in a cost effective, considerate manner and to a satisfactory standard, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Allocated tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Both external and internal painting and decorating works
- Measure surface areas to assess costs
- Preparing the materials, you need
- Stripping off old layers of paint
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
- Preparing and covering surfaces with primer and undercoat
- You will be required to work alone at times and must be able to work independently from a job sheet
- Completing all relevant paperwork
- Ensure compliance with all instructions relating to the use and storage of materials/equipment, necessary for the performance of his/her tasks.
- Ensure that the appropriate protective clothing and Health & Safety measures associated with performance of the role are fully complied with at all times.
Previous practical experience and knowledge of all aspects of painting and decorating is essential for this role. This is a busy role and you should enjoy working under your own initiative and managing a busy workload, whilst also being a team player with great customer service and communication skills.