Job descriptionWe are recruiting for an experienced Planner to work on a static basis in the Manchester area. Temp – perm role, paying £60k pa PAYE on an hourly basis, the ideal candidate will plan the allocated projects up to the standard required from both internal and client requirements. Plans will be implemented with the best-practice approach utilising Critical Path Analysis, Resource Planning, Cost Management and Progress/Productivity Monitoring and Control
Bid Activity: Participate within bid activity as requested by the senior management; to work in conjunction with the Business Development department and in line with Focus Win processes
Planning: Arrange and facilitate internal integrated planning meetings with relevant project personnel to agree the team input into the project plan.
Customer: In conjunction with the Commercial & Operations teams, work closely with relevant project personnel and our external customer in order to produce / agree a 'Contract Baseline' programme for each allocated project, that aligns with the agreed formal contract, price and work scope, and reduces risk for the client.
Progress/Productivity: Take responsibility for all allocated projects, ensuring that progress and productivity is effectively monitored against project plan, and that clear and appropriate reports are produced and distributed to the appropriate personnel in a concise and timely manner (e.g. Manpower Histograms, 'S' Curves, Earned Value Analysis. Ensure that the inclusion of variations is communicated and integrated into project plans.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- 5+ years previous planning experience.
- A strong Mechanical & Electrical technical understanding of Pharmaceutical / Food & Beverage installations.
- Ex-trade or an engineering degree would be preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a fully integrated team is essential.
- Career driven & ambitious
· Planning and construction processes and methods
· Ability to interpret project documentation
· Project planning using Microsoft Project
· Develop pre-construction, construction and commissioning programs.
· Represent the company at progress/planning meetings / workshops.
· Development of the project controls systems specific to the project.
· Implementing the project controls system in conjunction with Operations Manager
If you are interested, then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.