Job descriptionPRS are assisting one of the largest building services businesses in their search for an experienced Plumbing and Heating Engineer.
ROLE: Plumbing and Heating Engineer
SALARY: £28,000 ( 40 hours per week Monday to Friday )
The role is a static role covering one of the working in one of the largest hospitals in the East Midlands. To be considered for the role you must hold an NVQ level 3 in Plumbing and Heating or the equivalent. The main duties will consist of: -
• Handle the maintenance and repair of the complete range of mechanical engineering services associated with the Healthcare estate. This will include for example the following: engineering including but not limited to repairs to the chilled water, heating systems, TMV servicing and repair fixed plant and sterilising equipment.
• Undertake correctly and to a high standard the work associated with PPM (Pre Planned Maintenance).
• Undertake correctly and to a high standard the work associated with an inspection and testing programme both for installed plant, fixed and mobile/portable equipment.
• Follow engineering and building drawings and specifications. Providing satisfactory levels of output linked with high standards of workmanship for complex systems, fully understanding the relationship between mechanical and electrical systems.
• Determine what spares, components or supplies are required in order to satisfactorily undertake and complete the work associated with repair, routine servicing or new installations.
• Complete all record sheets and paperwork associated with routine duties accurately and in good time.
• Carry out work in a flexible manner ie undertaking a range of work outside of the core skill.
• Routinely work from an electronic device and promptly respond to emails
• Assist in providing training to others engaged on work relating to the mechanical discipline
• Complete appropriate training (on or off site) and assist in providing training to others engaged on similar work.
We’re looking for:
• Experience of working within a team.
• Competent IT user to include email.
• undertake the tasks involved.
• Hold a full UK driving licence.
• NVQ level 3 in Plumbing and Heating or equivalent qualification.