Job descriptionPlumbing Supervisor
University – Central London
£40,000 to £42,000
PRS are pleased to be supporting our client in their recruitment for a Plumbing Supervisor to be based on a leading University based in Central London. Helping to enable the students and staff to thrive in their academic atmosphere, the Plumbing Supervisor is a key role in ensuring the plumbing repairs and maintenance operation is a first-class service delivery.
The role is a Monday to Friday days-only position, and is to effectively supervise the day to day operation of the area’s maintenance teams to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the site’s plumbing services. A hands-on role combining organising and administration with practical delivery of the contract services as required. Flexibility is essential in this role, as may involve travel to other sites within the portfolio.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of the teams in accordance with Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
- Ensure that the shift cover is manned at the correct level at all times and arrange cover as required with Contract Managers permission.
- All reports are to be appraised and trained in line with Company polices. This to include weekly tool box talks and team briefings as required.
- Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
- Compliance with and record keeping for ISO 9002 Quality Management System.
- Assisting with and participating in the Call out System.
- Organise and if necessary assist in reactive repairs to the equipment and services covered within the scope of the contract.
- Support the planning and scheduling of planned maintenance activity using the CAFM system and associated technology.
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to the team ensuring optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Advising the Operations Manager on labour levels and holiday/absence cover.
- First line supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including Induction and signing off and actioning minor works listed on service report sheets in accordance with the Operations Manager.
- Utilising Help Desk and PPM systems to monitor staff’s performance and ensure service delivery.
- Providing day to day direction, guidance and support for the members of the teams.
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems including Authorisation to work, and in process checks are undertaken. Includes escort.
- Fulfils other supplementary duties including and not limited to: auditing for compliance with control of auditing plan, stock control i.e. for spares/speedy resolution, providing quotations via Webquote for ad hoc/additional works.
- Be available for on Call Escalation.
- Responsible for Logbook compliance.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required. Including the raising and escalating of hazards when raised by shift staff.
- Arranging access Passes.
- Liaising with client.
- Any other reasonable request of your Line Management.