Pre -Construction Contracts Estimator / £35,000 to £55,000 - Car / Travel Allowance 5K - Fantastic benefits - Very Busy Environment
Our Customer are looking to recruit a Construction Pre-Contracts Manager (Estimator), to expand their team. They are busy on the Interiors side of the business, and there are more opportunities to price up work than they can currently manage
This Position would be to join the current Pre-Contracts team to support this side of the business is 9 people, senior estimator jobs including specialist Electrical Estimators and those with experience in interiors/construction. We also have another 5 Electrical Estimators who support the London office fit-out projects.
Construction Pre-Contracts Manager (vp of pre-construction manager)
Experience in commercial interiors is essential, both industrial and offices, including such things as mezzanine floor installation.
Office based role working from Milton Keynes.
Travel to site for surveys is required.
Experience using RedSky system would be a bonus, but isn’t expected.
Working with clients to design and price up construction and interiors works, including presentation of costed works to clients and handover of jobs won to Project Managers.
Maintaining close contact with clients to explore opportunities for new business and being responsible for managing the client relationships.
Ensuring the commercial success of the projects delivered to our clients.
Pre-Con/Design: Manage the Pre-Con and Design tender submissions to provide a strong bid / presentation / price, which displays our experience in the market place as well as giving us the best chance to win the business. Including:-
· To plan, design, co-ordinate and submit fully detailed and accurate quotations/tenders/bids
· Evaluate tender or enquiry documentation, assess resource, materials, technical requirements and costs
· Timely preparation and submission of tenders, meeting deadlines.
· Attend site visits and client briefings.
· To ensure the designs and bids submitted are accurate, compliant and timely.
· Identify any value engineering of bids and tenders and adjust tenders accordingly.
· Prepare costs for temporary works, customer upgrades and extra's required by the contractors
· Action matters arising in the absence of the other members of the team
· Ensure all designs adhere to current regulations and keep informed of new industry standards and regulations as they arise.
Monthly Reporting, including forecasts as well identify areas for growth and improvement.
Relevant qualification in construction management or estimating, such as NVQ or BSc
Understanding of commercial construction / interiors industry.
Good commercial and business understanding.
Report writing and presentation skills.
An ambassador for the company when dealing with clients.