Job descriptionPRS Southampton are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer from an Electrical Data Centre background to work on a well respected contract in the Southampton area.
The role of the Electrical Project Engineer will be to be a focal point on site to manage delivery, stakeholders, issues, and risks in delivering specified UPS replacement projects.
- Act as the prime Problem Resolver relating to any issues arising during the project, proposing solutions for agreement by Stakeholders, taking proactive measures to avoid project delay and additional costs wherever possible.
- Review and Comment upon the Design Drawings and Specifications prepared by the Supplier, providing assurance to the designs prepared are compliant to contractual requirements documentation.
- Manage client review and closure of technical comments associated with the Supplier design and implementation/commissioning documentation.
- Attend site and office based technical and progress meetings as requested in relation to the Project Engineer support role.
- Engage unit stakeholders and Principal Contractor in the development and agreement of a transition programme and manage its activities to the agreed timescales.
- Assess the Supplier design and implementation strategy for the replacement UPS, UPS Batteries and Battery Monitoring Systems by combination of site survey
- Act as a Representative whilst on site, providing liaison and co-ordination between the Supplier and client Project & Asset Engineering staff.
- Assist the client to quantify interim and / or final evaluations when requested.
- Keep a track and record of any delays caused by client or Supplier relating to work in progress and of any site instructions issued for works outside the scope of the contract.
- Provide a regular Report to the Asset Design Authority, FM Asset Operator and Electrical Manager summarising key events and key achievements in the period.
- Assessing and checking of the O&M Manual and as fitted drawings, providing commentary back to the Supplier on any missing information and anomalies with the as fitted documentation.
- Reviewing site process & operating procedures impacted by the Project Works, working with the Project Implementation Contractor & Stakeholders to revise and up issue such documents.
- Degree / HNC level qualification in relevant electrical/engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in the design and development of Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) in a critical facilities environment
- Experience of managing subcontractors/suppliers, and demonstrable commercial awareness