Job descriptionWe are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join a Building Services team in the South West Cumbria area on a large secure facility.
The role is a permanent position paying 40-50k plus package.
To deliver individual or multiple building services related to minor new works and life cycle improvements within allocated budgets and defined programmes.
Project Manager Description:
- Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
- Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Manage work through to effective completion and submit for invoicing
- Will stand in for the Area Engineering Manager and assume their daily responsibilities when they are not on site
- To ensure a weekly housekeeping check is completed of the building and grounds where it is your responsibility ensuring all the areas are in a safe condition and is hazard free
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
- Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for Client audits
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Take responsibility for the successful project completion and formal handover in accordance with defined requirements outlined by the client or nominated client representatives
- Proven and extensive experience within a similar role - Building Services, Facilities and Life-cycle Project Management
- Operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Ability to plan and organise their work effectively to meet changing environments and needs
- Proven track record to the successful delivery of multi task building services related projects
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- To be able to communicate at all levels, with excellent written and oral skills
- To be self motivated and to be able to motivate others, to be reliable and to be able to act with responsibility
- IT skills required with specific reference to the Microsoft suite of packages
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects.
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.