Job descriptionProject Manager
£60,000 to £70,000
Our client is a leading provider of Hard FM M&E Services and are recruiting now for a Project Manager to work on a Hospital contract in East London. The role of Project Manager within the Building Services team is to manage and deliver the lifecycle and additional variation projects from inception to completion including income generation work.
The function of the role is to provide a fully comprehensive project management strategy for the lifecycle and variation works and any other statutory compliance works undertaken at the hospital, including:
• Working with the contract teams to ensure all quotations are completed and returned within the Performance Management System time scales.
• Management of all lifecycle and project work including design, estimating, arrange for the ordering of materials and plant, resource planning and implementation of direct labour or contract labour.
• Develop excellent relationships with client base to build confidence and business profile.
• Pre-plan all works with relevant stakeholders and then liaise with all relevant parties including but not limited to Operations Managers, Estates Managers, clients, contractors and other third parties including departments to agree acceptable commencement date for the works. Ensuring access is available and the planned works do not compromise day to day operations and that works are delivered in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Responsible for the checking the built works to ensure defect free and management of any remedial works required. Once all works are satisfactory completed sign off the works and review and authorise any subcontractor application for payment.
• Where required support out of hours and weekend working in relation to projects that demand the level of management and resource, to be agreed with line manager.
• Fulfil the duties under CDM 2015 of the Principal Contractor and management of the Principal Designer resource ensuring compliance with current legislation, policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the Project reporting is maintained 100% accurate at all times allowing provision of monthly reports to the Senior Leadership Team relating to lifecycle and variation works projects. Additional ad hoc reports may also be required, including the upkeep of the tracking systems to ensure works are invoiced in a timely manner and ensure costs are recovered.
• Technically qualified to minimum of HNC (Building/Mechanical) or Degree plus proven experience in engineering and building maintenance operations is required.
• Ideally hold professional qualification in building related discipline.
• Relevant H&S qualification (SMSTS, IOSH, NEBOSH)
• Good understanding and working knowledge of several software packages including Microsoft Office suite consisting of, Access, MS Project, Visio and experienced in use of MIS systems and Asset Data base systems.
• Proven experience of leadership and management of a diverse range of supply chain contractors providing direction and support to ensure successful delivery of projects on time and budget.
• Robust, measurable experience of CDM regulations is a mandate.
• Mechanical and Electrical biased
• Proven experienced in delivering multiple complex projects to a value of £3M, and high calibre experience of trouble shooting where required.
• Demonstrable experience working in MoD, Healthcare, or similar environment.