Job descriptionJob Role: Project Supervisor - FM & Technical Services
Location: East & West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
The purpose of the role is to;
· Be responsible for the safe, on time delivery of their projects.
· Communicate to Head of Projects/Project Manager and customers the deliverables, dependencies
and risks as each project progresses
· Identify and pass to Head of Projects (HoP)/Project Manager (PM) project opportunities from within a set portfolio of maintenance contracts.
· Liaise with key stakeholders on their requirements and explain feasibility of their schemes to become a trusted advisor.
· Understand the full scope of the project works to be delivered. This is to include budget requirements and required profit margins.
· Work within the current CDM process. In the main taking on the role of principle contractor.
· Identify, reduce and manage all statutory and commercial risks associated with the project they are acting as Supervisor on.
· Ensure QHSE practices and processes are fully embedded in each project. · Ensure full compliance with project management policies and procedures.
· Supervise the day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s) “end to end”. Activities to include but not be limited to sub contractor management and site supervisory duties.
· Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery time lines, and strategy. Commercial Awareness:
· Understand pricing model and billing procedures
· Assist the Project Manager in managing scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or other methods to ensure projects deliver on time line, scope, and budget and strategy expectations.
· Track and report hours and expenses on each project.
· Attend Project reviews to analyse project profitability, revenue, margin etc. The Project Process:
· Ensure that all involved in the delivery of the project understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
· Ensure that each project runs in conjunction with the QHSE processes including the Construction Phase Plan. That each person involved in the project is proven to have the required skills.
· Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on each project. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and time line.
· Ensure the supply partners on site are aware of all items required for the project files, H&S, tool box talks, RAMS, site audits, commissioning, O&M’s, permits to work etc
· Be in attendance on site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
· Ensure all variations to the works are captured and reported to the HoP/PM.
· Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
The role is self funding and therefore the post holder must recover their costs.
· Work closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
. · Ensure customer acceptance is adhered to, in writing and in line with the project plans.
· Ensures project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored. Business Development:
· Identify project opportunities and pass to HoP/PM. · Leverage opportunities through visibility and presence on customer sites.
· Liaise with colleagues to determine and identify project opportunities. Use case studies to promote business and host key decision makers on show site tours. Building Relationships:
· Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
· Builds knowledge base of each client’s business, organisation and objectives.
· Ability to plan and organise labour, equipment and work schedule
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
· Ability to understand financial metrics
· Interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Communicate effectively and fluently
Minimum of 5 years proven Supervisory experience in an M&E, FM ,construction or critical environment ·
Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
· Compliant with the training matrix for Project Site Supervisor for QHSE
· Recognised technical qualification in construction, Mechanical or Electrical or similar
· Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy
· Understanding customer needs
· Competence to deliver
· Commercial awareness
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.