Job descriptionProject Supervisor – HVAC, Building Services – Hertfordshire - £50,000
We are seeking a Project Supervisor required to work for a growing Facilities Maintenance company who have grown from strength to strength during the last 3 years, who are after bolstering their projects department due to the maintenance contracts they have won and the project work that comes with it.
· Assist Project Management team by accompanying sub-contractors to attend site to evaluate new project opportunities.
· Supervision of projects with safety and customer satisfaction as a priority.
· Explain implications of changes to project scope and/or objectives to the client and to the project team.
· Manage the subcontract team to prioritize tasks outstanding, obstacles or barriers, budgets, resources and deadlines.
· Create, or participate in the creation of project documentation.
· Ensure all project documentation is in place and suitable prior to any start on site.
· Develop a relationship with the client stakeholders, team members, or contract personnel to ensure the defined solution, established project time lines and budgets, are all as expected.
· Work with the Project Manager/ Head of Projects to ensure changes are understood and approved.
· Forward plan to recognize potential programme implications.
· Project accounting and finance
· Understand profit & loss and cost-to-completion projections; and communicate issues to the Project Manager/Head of Projects so that actions can be agreed accordingly.
· Understand pricing model and billing procedures.
· Work closely with the Project Manager/Head of Projects to accurately forecast revenue, profitability, margins and billing.
· Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
· Determine the appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate completion of works to enable invoicing.
· Build strong effective working relationships with our customers and site teams.
· Build a pipeline of supply partners with the correct approvals in conjunction with the central procurement team.
· Full accountability for the P&L on each project.
· Ensure that all financial objectives are met.
· Analyse variances and initiate corrective actions.
· Value all subcontractor accounts and make an application for payment.
· Ensure the projects are commercially viable and satisfy the commercial terms of the contract.
· Ensure all projects are managed through Company policies and procedures in relation to commercial activities.
The Project Process:
· Define and understand the scope of work to meet the customer’s specification.
· Competitively price the works whilst returning expected profit margins.
· Review all pre-construction information and implement a construction phase plan.
· Engage with subcontractors under the correct commercial terms.
· Define the project plan and programme to deliver the works.
· Appraise all subcontractor RAMS to make sure that they are suitable and sufficient
· Be in attendance on-site for the works inclusive of any out of hour’s requirements.
· Set up the QHSE processes and make sure they are monitored.
· Ensure all variations to the works are captured, costed and claimed for.
· Make sure all O&M manuals are complete and available prior to practical completion.
· Closeout all final accounts with both the customer and all those in the supply chain.
· Commercial awareness
· Strong financial acumen
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to present with confidence
· Ability to understand commercial and financial metrics
· Internal and external customer management
· Networking skills
· Selling and negotiation skills
· Ability to deliver to deadlines
· Up to date knowledge of the facilities/construction market
· Fully competent with Project Management methodology
· Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
· Understanding of the difference between mark up and margin
· CDM regulations
· IOSH Managing Safely and/or SMSTS
· Recognised technical qualification in construction, M&E or similar
· Business standard of written and verbal literacy and numeracy