Job descriptionOur client is a leading Building Services and Facilities Management Provider operating across the UK. We are recruiting on their behalf for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to cover project plans on their portfolio in the North West / Warrington areas.
The role will require the candidate to provide QS support to several maintenance and refurbishment projects and contracts, from valuations to final accounts . Permanent Role paying up to 48k circa 40 hours per week.
QS support to several maintenance and refurbishment projects and contracts relevant to the Building Services and Facilities Management Sector, from valuations to final accounts. Managing all costs relating to the contract, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Actively seeking to minimise the costs of the contracts and enhance efficiency, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Quantity Surveyor Tasks:
· preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the contract manager
· 360 QS support from initial costings to final accounts
· operating and working with the COINS accounts program
- undertaking costs analysis for repair and maintenance project work; PPM and reactive schedules
- QS assistance in establishing the end client requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- performing risk and value management and cost control;
- advising on procurement strategy;
- identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- providing advice on contractual claims;
- analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- valuing completed work
- maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- offering advice on property taxation;
- providing post-occupancy advice, facilities management services and life cycle costing advice;
- assisting clients in locating and accessing additional and alternative sources of funds;
- advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
· Qualified Quantity Surveyor with HNC/HND or Degree level Qualification
· Previous experience providing QS support to building services, Facilities Management or Commercial Sectors
· Experience of COINS accounts system
· Previous QS experience from initial costings to final accounts
· UK driving License
· IT literate – proficient in Excel and spreadsheet creation
· Knowledge of the FM, HVAC industry
.PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.