Job descriptionPRS are currently working with an innovative and forward thinking facilities management company who have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a high profile site based in Abingdon, Oxford.
Aims and Objectives of the role:
- Responsible for managing the production of applications against the agreed schedule of rates in line with the rules set out in a NEC3 Contract.
- You will have an awareness of the commercial market with the ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in a maintenance led environment.
As a Quantity Surveyor, your duties will include:
- To manage and control site based teams and approved sub-contractors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures including Health & Safety, Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance and Purchasing
- To ensure works are carried out to high standard complying with relevant British Standards, codes of practice and any client specific requirements / regulations.
- To manage and set firm financial targets to meet established objectives, which will include the reporting of financial status to the Contract, Operations and Commercial Managers
- To provide tendering facilities for extra project works to suit client requirements.
- To lead, motivate and develop site based team/s
- To develop customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- To provide technical support to the customer and site based teams utilising central departments, specialist suppliers and sub-contractors
- To provide support and training as required to enhance the effectiveness of the contract and business as a whole
- Other duties as required by Contract and Operations
- Carry out staff appraisals for managers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
Quantity Surveyor Person Specification
- Demonstrable commercial experience within a NEC3 Operated contract.
- Mechanical & Electrical quantity surveying experience in a building services background.
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to demonstrate successful relationship building between company, clients and subcontractors in engineering construction industry.
- Sound understanding of the implications of Health and Safety regulations
In return, the Quantity Surveyor will be paid an attractive basic salary of up to £37,000 dependent on experience + 25 days annual leave.