Job descriptionWe are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our projects division to based in the North West. The projects cover M&E, building services, fabric/build to large scale estates across the North West.
The position is a permanent role with a competitive package (50-60k) based from the North West region with national travel
The role Quantity Surveying Role will include leading the assessment and delivery of projects in line with Group policies and procedures
- Implement, direct, monitor and control the commercial framework consistently across Projects in the North West area including customer contracts, risk and legal requirements
- Improve the profitability and competitive performance of the business
- Relentless pursuit of reduced risk and optimised profit
- Establish business relationships with operations, estimators & finance functions within the division
- Provide monthly business analysis of the projects to Commercial Manager and Head of Projects
- Provide commercial input to business proposal. Full responsibility for the negotiations, valuations, interims and final accounts
- Accountable for own development plan for continuous improvement of competences in relation to the career development program
- Valuation of works on all live projects
- Certification of payments for the supply chain including sub-contractors
- Ensure all supply chain invoice correctly and align with valuations
- Final account all Sub Contract and client works
- Full cost control in line with the contract review. Being prepared ahead of review, having worked closely with the project team and or PM understanding any changes to the contracted works.
- Support the PMs with managing and owning the number of anyone project
- Sense check all tenders ahead of Adjudication.
- Working with the HoP/PM to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Variation control ensuring we maximise our recovery and margin expectations
Extensive experience in a services environment of value led sales pricing and general cost estimating
- Experienced in contract value optimisation
- Experience in preparing and negotiating legal and commercial aspects of sizeable contracts
- A thorough understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong analysis and report writing skills demonstrating attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team and communicate issues to both Divisional Commercial Manager and local colleagues
- Good presentation skills, both written and oral with high drive and energy levels
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of long-term business plans and commercial strategy
- Proven experience in negotiating complex deals with third party suppliers
- Ideally qualified to HNC/degree level in engineering, commercial management, business administration or facilities management
- Valid full driving licence
- UK wide travel
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.