Job descriptionQuantity Surveyor – M&E
£45,000 to £60,000
PRS are working with one of our key clients in their recruitment for a Quantity Surveyor with an M&E / Maintenance background. The QS will be working on a major government maintenance framework contract, delivering the mechanical and electrical services and supporting the commercial delivery of the project.
Our client is providing mechanical and electrical (M&E) maintenance services as well as a variety of small and medium project works. The small works and projects teams generally deliver high volume low value works up to £50k and £500k respectively. Implementation is primarily through a measured term contract utilising the PSA schedule of Rates on the NEC3 framework.
- Preparation of pre-tender estimates / Cost planning
- Taking a lead role in interfacing with the client and other consultants Pre & Post tender
- Compilation of tender packs including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Review of tender returns and cost alignment ensuring compliance with tender documentation including preparation of contract recommendation reports
- Carry out take offs and site measurement for material procurement and final accounts
- Check and approval of all MTC pre-measures and final accounts
- Letting of subcontract package works including preparation of subcontract agreements
- Negotiation with supply chain to ensure best value (Suppliers & Subcontractors)
- Undertake direct procurement of major plant and equipment
- Review procurement strategy and identify key areas where additional margin can be achieved by negotiating with the supply chain to package multiple projects together, offer improved payment terms, negotiate rebate structure based on turnover etc.
- Contract administration i.e. Sub-contract appointments, valuations, change control, invoicing, final accounts etc.
- Monthly cost reporting i.e. Profit and loss, cash flow forecasts etc.
- Preparation of monthly project contract reviews
- Preparation of monthly management accounts information
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations and variations
- Resolution of Contractor disputes
- Develop database of outturn costs on completed projects to enable future works to be cost planned quicker and more accurately
- Develop a real cost database to Structured training of the project teams to develop cost management skills and operation of the MTCs.
- Develop operating tools to improve operation of the MTC
The successful candidate will ideally have the following qualifications and experience:
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- Track record of successful operation of MTCs.
- Building and M & E cost knowledge.
- Analytical approach to estimating and pricing
If this role sounds of interest to you please send through your CV and I will respond to discuss the next stages.