Job descriptionA client of ours is in need of a top notch resident engineer to work in the west london area on a futuristic AI powered building with a salary and package to match.
Mon - Fri
8am - 5pm
£45,000 - £50,000
The duties of successful engineer will include the below but not limited to :
Provision of all-round engineering support, maintaining the buildings infrastructure. Have a detailed understanding of all new or current Building Services systems and contingency procedures within the buildings, and complying with the Health & Safety/building codes of practice.
It is the Engineers role to support the portfolio Supervisor by being an integral member of the team delivering engineering excellence across the full spectrum of services.
The hours of work are 40hrs per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective and efficient manner
· Issue relevant site Permits as part of the Safe System of Work
· Completion of PPM and reactive tasks and update the system.
· Ensure that daily tours are completed and repair or report any defects found via Elogbooks.
· Identification of materials required to be ordered in a timely manner and completion of the internal Materials Request Form
· Comply with both statutory and company health, safety and environmental regulations and policies.
· Timely implementation and recording of statutory inspections including accurate recording of fire, access equipment and water hygiene records within their specified folders.
· Ensure that Specialist Service Provider worksheets are signed off and uploaded to Elogbooks. The quality of work is inspected and recommendations are escalated to the portfolio Supervisor
· The Site engineer will ensure that Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
The Engineer will be expected to operate and trouble shoot all building systems but not be limited to the following:
· Building Management Systems and electrical monitoring
· Air handling, air conditioning and terminal units - VAV
· Window Vent Systems
· Cooling tower plant
· Domestic water services
· Fire prevention and detection systems
o Sprinklers and wet risers
o Fire alarm and voice alarm
o Fire suppression
· Variable speed drives
· Generators, load banks and controls
· AC, DC single phase and three phase motors
· UPS systems, batteries, static switches and associated controls
· Emergency lighting
· High and Low voltage switch panels and associated breakers
· Approved apprenticeship or appropriate experience within Building Services
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with staff and Customers at all levels
· Formal qualification in electrical engineering / HVAC building services
· Experience as an end user of a Building Management Systems
· Able to interpret and use BMS / monitoring software data to diagnose and rectify faults
· Intermediate computer literacy using Windows Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
· Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
· Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, with experience of report writing
· 17th / 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation
· C&G 236 Parts 1 and 2 or equivalent
· Previously LV/HV Authorised Person- Desirable
· C&G 2391 – Desirable
· IOSHH - Desirable
· Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices. Sound level of administration/organisational skills
· Reliable and conscientious
· Pro-active in achieving the highest standard of operation – must be enthusiastic to deliver a good service to the Customer
· Well-presented and approachable manner
· Confidence and commitment to providing a high quality, professional service
· Ability to develop a good understanding of the customers’ business requirements
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritise work tasks
· Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
· Effective problem solving skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Detail conscious
“This Job Description is a guide to the work that you will initially be required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances.