Job descriptionWe are currently recruiting for Security Officers to join our clients site on a Fixed Term Contract basis in Horsham.
The working hours are Monday - Sunday 4 days on 4 days off, days and nights 12 hour shifts equating to a 42 hour working week.
To provide high visibility security Static and Mobile guarding at the properties/building and surrounding grounds.
- Providing high visibility Static Guarding or Mobile Guarding of the property/building and grounds
- Provide a visible deterrent regarding security issues on the property/building and grounds
- Provide CCTV monitoring of the perimeter of the property/building and surrounding grounds
- To have Conflict Resolution training / experience
- Maintain accurate records and logs of incidents and site visit logs
- Liaising with Police and other public bodies to ensure a coordinated approach and awareness of local issues
- Dealing with communications from telephone calls and radio users in a professional manner in accordance with operating procedures
- Exchanging all necessary information to colleagues during shift change
- Develop and maintain relationships with all the clients departments
- Maintain accurate site contract administration files
- Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures
- Ensure that all EMCOR policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered too
- Maintain day-to-day contact with the customer’s representatives and attend meetings as directed
- Security Industry Qualifications – Front line SIA Licence for Security Officers
- Owner / driver with full driving licence
- A good Level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check (Disclosure) from the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of ALL cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, whether “spent” or “unspent”. Criminal convictions will only be taken into account when they are relevant to the post.
- An understanding of a basic Police and other Emergency Services procedures
- Knowledge of the phonetic alphabet
- CCTV Monitoring experience
- Experience of hand-held radio use
- Future SIA licenses funded
- First aid certificate
- De-fib certificate