Job descriptionLead and direct all aspects of beverage operations including menu quality control, stock control, training, health and safety, and high quality operations.
- Bring everyone into play.
- Bring your 'A' Game each and every day.
- Lead by example by demonstrating Puttshack Core Values.
- Develop the team through coaching and purposeful feedback.
- Drive Associate engagement and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Promote safe operational standards for both Guest and Associate safety.
- Hiring of all Bar associates.
- Ensure that brand and operating standards are met.
- Monitor beverage cost. Troubleshoot beverage cost issues and help develop solutions.
- Monitor guest survey feedback and help team adjust as needed to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works to create a can-do team culture in the bar and throughout the operation.
Manage the bar operation with passion, integrity and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of Puttshack.
- Assist in the achievement of sales and profit targets as set by the GM; guiding and motivating the bar team to maximize sales and control costs.
- Be responsible for accurate rota planning, based on forecast sales and core wage budget; taking the necessary daily action to reduce or increase hours, in line with sales.
- Follow stock control procedures and guidelines; complete ordering on time to ensure full availability of all drink items; undertake stock takes as directed by the GM; assist the GM to ensure the consistent quality, rotation and levels of stock.
- Ensure deliveries are received according to established procedures, including checking in, storage, stock rotation, security, loss investigation and associate training.
- Keep up to date with licensing legislation and ensure all bar associates are fully aware of their obligations in relation to serving liquor.
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to bar associates to ensure that excellent service is consistently delivered.
- Be fully conversant with every menu item served.
- Organize the bar to ensure established opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with Company policy and completed in the time allocated.
- Maintain good communication between departments.
- Be proficient in each and every area of the bar operation and to help when and wherever necessary.
- Build and maintain excellent relations with guests; welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner and ensure that their wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible.
- Ensure that the billing procedure is thorough, correct and complete after each transaction.
- Review operational and associate’s performance to identify any problems, concerns or opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the bar operation exceeds required standards of beverage quality, consistency and timeliness and of safety and cleanliness.
- Effectively receive guest feedback and use this to improve service and maintain the highest possible standards.
- Assist the GM with the recruitment and training of team members and to manage and motivate the team to realize their maximum potential.
- Be aware of your responsibilities and adhere to legislation in respect of licensing, data protection, Health and Safety at Work and COSHH.
- To attend and assist the GM with training sessions and team meetings as required.