Job descriptionSenior Maintenance Handyperson/Caretaker
£25,000 per annum
Have a trade background? Happy to supervise a small team? We are working with one of the fastest growing facilities maintenance providers in the Midlands, and have an opportunity for a hands on trades person, to also lead a small team, delivering an efficient and professional building maintenance service to a site in Solihull. This position is working 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with the earliest start time being 6am, and the latest finish being 8pm.
Your main duties will include (but not limited to)
- Responsible for the maintenance, presentation, and security of the site.
- Carry out any routine and planned maintenance tasks including health and safety checks of the building.
- Ensure all assigned PPMs and remedial works are completed within rectification periods.
- Ensure measurable KPI faults are completed on time.
- Ensure necessary paperwork is in place i.e. Method statements, Risk Assessment, Permits, COSHH etc.
- Hands-on maintenance such as basic electrical work (lamp changing), basic plumbing (leaks, taps etc).
- Open and close premises to meet the requirements of the building users.
- First point of contact for the client regarding site issues/ tasks/reactive jobs.
- Responsible key holder, attend the site in emergencies, take appropriate action in the case of break-in, theft or fire, including arranging boarding up of broken windows and doors and re-setting alarms.
- Manage and monitor contractors on site and inform the Regional Facilities Manager of any issues.
- Responsible for the general maintenance and cleanliness of the site in order to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment for pupils, staff, parents, visitors and other users.
- Carry out Porterage duties including room setups, deliveries and any other duties which may arise.
- Ensure that external paths, steps and entrances are clear of debris, snow, water, leaves or other hazards and that the site and grounds are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- Maintain a safe working environment by ensuring health and safety standards are met and ensuring compliance in line with legislative and company health and safety requirements.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records, manual and digital, for all maintenance and repairs, ordering of stock and equipment on the site.
- Work occasional overtime to cover the duties of the other caretaker due to sickness, holidays etc.
On offer is a permanent position, paying up to £25,000 per annum. You'll receive 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. and also overtime for anything outside of your normal working hours. Please note a driving licence is required for this role.
To apply for this position please click 'apply now' to forward your CV.