Job descriptionSenior or Principal Electrical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
PRS are pleased to be working on this vacancy for a Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer for a leading Building Services consultancy based in Bournemouth.
Working alongside the Project Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to clients’ needs, developing designs and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. Working closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for the clients.
Within this role you’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists. You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors, and you’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to the structured Career Paths framework.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
- Define and agree brief with Client
- Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively lead self and identify opportunities and provide support for career development of others
- Monitor project expenditure and report to Project leader
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to Project leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards