Job descriptionSenior or Principal Mechanical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
PRS are pleased to be working on this vacancy for a Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer for a leading Building Services consultancy based in Bournemouth.
Working alongside the Project Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to clients’ needs, developing designs and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. Working closely as a team to ensure they achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for the clients.
Within this role you’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists. You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors, and you’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to the structured Career Paths framework.
What You’ll Be Doing
· You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK we don’t have any international work currently across a varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
· Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages. Competency in AutoCAD and ideally experience with REVIT.
· You will have the opportunity to lead mechanical services design on large projects, and take overall lead on small to medium sized projects within the office,
· Projects span a cross section of sectors including Education, Science and Research, Healthcare, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, Defence and high-end mixed-use developments.
· You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
· Take responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
· Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
· You will be financially astute and work with the project leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
· Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
· Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
What We Are Looking For
· Excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
· Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
· Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
· Responsible for the quality of our outputs
· Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
· Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
· Understand and identify resource needs
· Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
· Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards