Senior Project Co-Ordinator
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the role is to provide effective assistance to the Project team in the running of all Project works. The role will work closely with the wider contract team to support the successful delivery of small works.
List the main aspects of the job, with an emphasis on duties and responsibilities for junior roles, and accountabilities and deliverables for more senior roles.
• Support project management team in successful delivery of project works across the DHSC / CQC estates
• Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
• Support the administration and assist in the coordination for all projects
• Assist in preparing documentation to ensure adherence to all UK processes (e.g. NEC, PMF, CDM)
• Load documents onto DHSC Kahootz shared platform
• Maintain the task order trackers and forward capital plans
• Attend project meetings, take and distribute minutes
• Assist in liaising with subcontractors to obtain quotations and relevant documentation (e.g. FOT/FOE)
• Raise and place orders with subcontractors once approval has been obtained and work with the administration team to manage invoicing and WIP
• Assist in managing project KPIs to minimise penalties; track key targets (e.g. quotation submissions and program milestones) and ensure project managers respond accordingly
• Assist in the change management process to ensure all changes or new assets are captured and the appropriate records are updated
• Ensure a culture of collaboration, taking responsibility for building customer advocacy with all stakeholders and colleagues by fostering a collaborative, partnership approach to relationships across all sites.
• Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
• Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
• Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
• Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
• Maintaining project documentation, such as plans and reports
• Communicating project’s progress to team members and other key stakeholders
• Complete necessary paperwork to place order with suppliers and / or sub-contractors.
• Investigate and resolve outstanding deliveries with suppliers.
• Assist in the collation and issue of project variations as required.
• Assist in carrying out monthly contract reviews on individual projects.
• Prepare necessary information required for billing of completed jobs.
• Prepare documentation for handover to the maintenance team.
• Provide MI and KPI monthly reports
• IMS documentation implementation.
• Any other duties as requested by Projects or Service Managers within reason.
• Ensuring that all employees work safely and are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PPE and other control standards.
• Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures, in particular the PPE mandate.
Indicate the typical number of direct reports, financial responsibility, control over subcontractors and any responsibility for assets, systems or outsourced services.
Responsible for accurate recording of removal of existing and installation of new assets via small works / projects.
Describe the knowledge, skills, qualifications, personality and experience required for the job.
• Thorough understanding of Project Co-Ordination.
• Good interpersonal skills – proficient communication skills, both written and verbal with demonstrated ability.
• Experience within similar role or transferable skills from related role.
• Good IT skills.
• Smart, presentable appearance.
• Personable and approachable.
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Good interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
• Self-motivated, business focused
• Keen attention to detail
• Able to work and focus in an ever-changing environment
• Target driven and able to meet deadlines
• Proven communication and numeric skills (verbal and written)
• Flexible working as required to support a 24-hour, nationwide operation.