Job descriptionMy client is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager within construction/building services to oversee a relocation project in the Salisbury, Wiltshire area.
Supporting the Change Manager and working as part of the onsite team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in successfully transitioning a major scientific facility from its current construction state to operational capability and ongoing FM maintenance.
Responsibilities will include gaining a thorough understanding of the building services infrastructure being installed. This will facilitate required reviews of the project’s draft Health & Safety file and Operation & Maintenance manuals. The aim being to transition these into a compliant maintenance strategy, which aligns with the SFG-20 maintenance standard and industry best practice.
- To establish a good working relationship with the construction project team, to understand their programme of work and in particular to know when the commissioning of plant and equipment is taking place so that witnessing can be arranged
- When delegated, to act as the principal point of contact between the client project team and FM delivery
- To work with individual client Project Managers to identify and confirm the range and scope of handover documentation that will be needed to achieve completion
- To receive the draft handover documentation, specified for the works, from the Project Manager for review
- To liaise with the relevant FM Technical Managers and other key stakeholders, so that the handover information received can be reviewed to ensure it is satisfactory and suitable for acceptance
- To ensure that the as-built and as-installed drawings required for handover have been reviewed and agreed as suitable, ready for handover to the FM CAD office
- Be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and experience of managing M&E systems in a large facility is key
- Experience of working in a Critical building services environment
- Experience of working within a team constructing new major building projects with a large M&E services element
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- HNC/HND qualification, or equivalent and above, in a relevant M&E discipline will be necessary
- Ability to gain SC security clearance is essential
- Full UK driving licence