Job descriptionA firm based in North London is looking to recruit an experienced Service Charge Accountant to join their Finance Team. The role will report into the Finance Manager. Applicants will need to have all round Service Charge accounts & finance experience.
Salary £25,000 - £40,000 commensurate with experience
The company offers a competitive remuneration package and a fantastic work environment.
- Prepare income and expenditure reports and associated documents to be sent to external accountant for preparation of service charge accounts.
- Liaise with external accountant to resolve queries.
- Take ownership for ensuring year end service charge accounts are completed on time.
- Assist Property Manager with budget reviews.
- Raise periodic service charge demands and ad hoc recharges to tenants.
- Liaise with external parties including clients, tenants, suppliers to resolve queries.
- Assist with annual audits.
- Assist with collection of service charge arrears.
- Prepare client reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Assist with setting up new properties on the system and handovers.
- Ad hoc projects within the Accounts team.
- Previous experience of working within service charges essential.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Previous experience of using Qube is desirable.
- Able to work in a team and assist colleagues when required