Job descriptionSHEQ Manager
M&E Facilities Management
£50,000 to £55,000
PRS are recruiting now for a SHEQ Manager for our client, a specialist Facilities Management contractor based in Central London. In the role of SHEQ Manager we are looking for someone to work alongside the existing sites (maintenance and installation), set up new sites, and providing a full SHEQ advisory service to the company.
The SHEQ Manager will support the company in the operation of company systems covering the effective management of quality, health, safety. You are expected to understand, adhere and implement company SHEQ policy.
- Provides proactive support and guidance to the company on compliance and statutory requirements and company standards.
- Ensure that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Maintain the management system compliant to the standards of ISO9001, and ISO45001 and BAFE
- Maintain the company ISO 9001, ISO 45001, BAFE, SSiP, (CHAS, Constructionline, Safe Contractor & more) certificates.
- Support the business in creating and managing our RAMS/Method Statements across all our contracted developments and Projects
- Liaising with authorities and external agencies as required.
- Keep up to date with legislation and best practices in the industry.
- Ensuring adequate Safety, Health and Environmental guidance and training is provided across the business
- Conduct regular Toolbox Talks with Engineering Team
- Conduct robust site audits, reviews and assessments of policies and procedures across all our contracted developments and creating action plans.
- Responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
- To develop, maintain and continuously monitor training matrix and to ensure training requirements are in date for employees.
- Record and investigate all safety and environmental accidents, incidents or near misses. Identify the root causes and promote the lessons learned and implement changes to policies and procedures if required.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Able to communicate at levels
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Works well with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective and positive working relationships within and outside of the department
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task.
- Strong PC and technical knowledge and skills with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft packages including Word and Excel.
- Exhibits strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of managing / implementing change control processes
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- A relevant professional qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH) Proven knowledge and understanding of all legal regulations relating to Health & Safety, Quality and Environment.
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001 ISO 45001 experience – Qualified lead or internal auditor.
- Experience of delivering training to personnel of all levels
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to create H&S improvement plans and work to targets