Job descriptionM&E Shift Leader - £40K - £45K – Tottenham Court Road
My client is seeking an M&E Shift Leader who will be responsible for ensuring the company delivers its contractual obligations in maintaining all electrical and mechanical site-based equipment in accordance with best practice & legislation.
Working to a continental shift rota pattern, the role will report directly to the Site Supervisor and will play a vital role in helping to deliver a first-class service to our client in order to meet internal targets and contractual KPI’s. This role will also deputise in the absence of the site supervisor, overseeing the site team and assisting the Contract Director where required.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with the company’s PPM and task schedules as directed by the site supervisor.
• To undertake PPM activities in a professional & safe manner
• Undertake reactive maintenance works as directed by the Help Desk and/or management team
• Production of technical and situational reports as required
• To communicate clearly and effectively with the site team and support the site supervisor as necessary
• To ensure company QA and site procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
• Proactively assist the site supervisor to produce quotations by giving accurate and good quality information when extra works are identified
• To update/close completed Reactive & PPM tasks on the site CAFM System
• Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise efficient operation and reliability of plant and associated systems.
• To ensure that both Client and contractors Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
• Attend team meetings/briefings as requested
• To provide accurate timesheet information weekly and on time
• To proactively work towards the continued success of the business with a positive approach.
• To escalate any major site issues or incidents to the site supervisor asap once identified.
• To manage sub-contractors whilst working on site.
• Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed. • Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
• Deputise in the absence of the Site Supervisor.
• City & Guilds Parts 1 & 2 (Mechanical & Electrical installation) or recognised equivalent or
• 17th or 18th Edition Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) Registration or Recognised equivalent or
• Approved apprenticeship or appropriate experience within Building Services
• Health & Safety Training • GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths & English or recognised equivalent
• Experienced in electrical installations including electrical testing & inspection
• L8 Training and a good understanding of domestic water systems • HV AP (Desirable) Experience
• Two years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard services environment within high-end commercial/mixed developments
• A good working knowledge of trades such as plumbing, HVAC systems, controls and refrigeration
• Sound mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Experience in managing PPM management systems
• Experience in mobilising new sites (Desirable)
• Experience in fault diagnosis and rectification
• Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
• Sound level of administration and organisation skills. Personal Aptitudes and Skills
• Confidence and commitment to providing a high-quality professional service
• Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Good team player • Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
• Innovative problem solver
• Strong attention to detail • Reliable • Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including word, excel and outlook (intermediate)