Job descriptionSite Manager – GxP Quality Control
Pharmaceutical / Manufacturing
£50,000 to £60,000 (neg)
Our client is the hard services engineering contractor working on the contract with one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturing companies. They have a vacancy now for a Site Manager to oversee their GxP Quality Control processes on site working alongside the maintenance and projects team. Experience working within a pharmaceutical or manufacturing environment overseeing the GxP process is essential, and full enhanced training on the procedures in place will be provided.
The role as Site Manager is to lead the team, working on the client’s sites across Hertfordshire And the Home Counties. This role will support the client in maintaining their critical site and making the customers’ lives easier. Our client has a genuine belief in the power of collaboration to build relationships, solve problems, improve performance and deliver real value.
Duties of the role include:
- To effectively manage hard service provision for your site whilst maintaining consistently high levels of client & customer satisfaction.
- Collaboratively leading, inspiring and managing employees and suppliers to ensure the cost-effective, continuous availability, security, safety and compliance of the site infrastructure, systems and services. Fostering teamwork and a culture of quality, service, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Taking ownership of all strategic and tactical/operational issues and deliver effective outcomes
- Support the teams through the Transition phase of the Account through to BAU service delivery.
- Be the focal point for both the client representatives and client teams to set the tone and ensure a consistent high standard of approach to all opportunities and issues.
- The post holder is supported by a central team but will be largely autonomous. The mission is to make our customers’ lives easier; therefore, good customer relationship management, excellent service, collaboration, flexibility and high effectiveness are expected.
- We and our customers operate and maintain highly regulated, secure sites; therefore safety, security and the ability to evidence compliance is essential.
- To manage and deliver agreed sales (opportunities for increased revenue and margin), performance KPI’s and profit targets and report to Management board.
- Acting as deputy to the Account Director as and when required.
- Manage all site-based activities to ensure a safe, secure and compliant site; specifically ensure all planned, reactive, remedial maintenance and new works are safely executed on time and fully recorded to enable commercial recovery.
- To ensure the service delivery is provided in line with the contractual commitments and the clients expectations.
- To ensure £0 KPI and SLA penalty deductions are achieved – once agreed.
- To work with the other Site Managers to orchestrate and implement challenging growth plans for the contract through continuous enterprising and strategic management.
- To regularly meet with customer interface representatives to communicate and address key contract issues to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- To provide innovation, vision, leadership, business development, best practice solutions and benchmarking for your site.
- To ensure that your Team understand their responsibilities with regard to quality performance and implement action plans to ensure that quality targets are met.
- To ensure that corporate policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of the operational activities within the region. EG: IMS, H&S, ISO14001, legislative.
- Monitor, analyse, report and continuously improve performance to maximise commercial entitlement; sustainably delivering excellent service and best-value
- To maintain a training matrix for your staff and ensure training is schedule and is being completed (this includes team talks)
- To agree and to regularly review clear performance objectives for each team member and to undertake an annual appraisal with each direct report.
- To ensure that the contract operates at the highest standards in terms of health and safety at all times minimising risk and maximizing the safety of our staff.
- To regularly monitor health and safety performance in concert with the H&S Associate.
- To ensure the ‘One Team’ approach is in place and that your teams are proactively reporting/dealing with any site issues that are not necessarily service specific related
- Hire, train, engage and retain sufficient, suitably qualified and experienced staff to consistently deliver the required service levels and scope; managing succession planning, leave and training to protect operational availability at all times.
- Establish and maintain contingency plans to protect service delivery and rapidly recover from any disruptions or service interruptions.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- IOSH / NEBOSH accredited
- Previous experience in a hard services FM environment preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or Business is desirable
- Thorough technical knowledge, plus relevant experience, of the operation and maintenance of an engineering environment.
- Demonstrable management and leadership training with experience of delivering operational maintenance services for business-critical facilities.
- Knowledge of the current legislation and mandatory standards relating to safe working practices.
- To be able to demonstrate knowledge of Health and Safety and compliance management safety rules and procedures.
- Capable of fully utilising programs in the MS Office suite to produce written reports, tracking spreadsheets and presentations
To apply for this position please send your CV and we will contact if you have been shortlisted to move to the next stage.