Job descriptionWe are recruiting for a Building Services sector Site Manager to oversee all small works project delivery on a commercial facility in the Hartlepool area.
The role is a contract position circa 3 months and may be extended. Monday to Friday circa 40 hours per week. Pay is £25/hr basic hours.
To deliver individual or multiple building services related to minor new works within allocated budgets and defined programmes.
- Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
- Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Manage work through to effective completion and submit for invoicing
- Will stand in for the Area Engineering Manager and assume their daily responsibilities when they are not on site
- Ensure all works are managed in accordance with standard operating procedures and Health and Safety regulations
- Respond to requests made via the Helpdesk
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Liaise with the helpdesk administrators regarding organising any out of hours or weekend working including the control of sub contractors and ensuring both site security and the client are aware of any out of hours works. This work includes the inspection of permits to work issued to sub contractors and ensure they are operated correctly.
- Follow the contract policies
- Manage projects from input to design specification, tender, installation to commissioning, practical completion, handover and invoicing
- Co-ordinate the procurement and resource planning within the requirements of the contract needs
- Ensure that all quality control systems and procedures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure appropriate record keeping in maintained and available for Client audits
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and suppliers
- Manage all Health and Safety matters in accordance with current relevant legislation
- Take responsibility for the successful project completion and formal handover in accordance with defined requirements outlined by the client or nominated client representatives
- To ensure compliance with all policies and procedures are maintained
- Proven and extensive experience within a similar role
- Operational and technical (M&E) experience with demonstrated potential
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Ability to plan and organise their work effectively to meet changing environments and needs
- Proven track record to the successful delivery of multi task building services related projects
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- To be self motivated and to be able to motivate others, to be reliable and to be able to act with responsibility
- IT skills required with specific reference to the Microsoft suite of packages
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety experience that allows the effective running of projects.
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.