Job descriptionMechanical Site Manager – Heating & Energy
£55,000 + £3,500 Travel
PRS are working with a specialist Renewable Energies contractor who are recruiting for a Mechanical Site Manager. The client act as the Principal Contractor for the installation and retrofitting of Renewable Energy technologies and the Mechanical Site Manager will be responsible for overseeing the mechanical operations and installations at a site level.
As Mechanical Site Manager you will be tasked to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Mechanical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
Mechanical Site Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with the project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
Assist Project Manager in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in SHEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes SHEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure toolbox talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a “don’t walk by” approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for, and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials, and site establishment.
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Site Manager
- Preferably have recognised pipefitter/plumber etc. apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Mechanical design and build projects in-excess of €1 million within social housing sectors.
- You will need to possession SMSTS/CSCS
- Ability to represent client at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent, and capable manner.
- Communications – A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency
- Planning and Organising - An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.