Job descriptionSite Manager
Day Rates – Contract until November
PRS are recruiting for a Site Manager to work on Small/Medium Works projects within the Suffolk area. The role is overseeing the delivery of lifecycle and asset maintenance projects as the Principal Contractor utilising specialist sub-contracts to carry out the works.
Examples of works to be completed include replacement kitchens and bathrooms; updating of gas pipework and boilers; installation of electric metres, and periodic replacements of appliances and equipment.
In the role you will be required to be familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety, Environmental Policies, implementation and reinforcing the policies throughout the workforce ensuring these are adhered to. Ensure that the Environmental Policy and appropriate parts of Environmental Procedures are efficiently communicated to the workforce, particularly to those engaged on activities that have been identified as likely to have significant environmental impact.
Duties of the role include
- Lead their respective delivery teams in delivering multiple sites varying in value from £15K - £2 million;
- Promote exceptional safety and delivery quality standards to all;
- Ensuring works procedures are in place to assist with control quality where applicable;
- Ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed in a timely and proactive way giving accurate forecast Duties of the and estimates;
- Being aware of the need to satisfy client requirements with the aim of enhancing the clients’ perception and satisfaction;
- Maintain an appropriate practical knowledge and appreciation of all technical disciplines associated with delivering capital expenditure projects;
- Maintain a positive and solution orientated approach to work, providing open and honest feedback;
- In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the business as well as maintaining mutually constructive, positive and beneficial relationships
- Complete all Principal Construction responsibilities e.g. Construction Phase Plan, Traffic Management Plan etc.
Qualifications and skills to include as a minimum but are not limited to:
- Previous site experience
- Equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline
- First Aid at Work
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft IT packages
- Clean driving license (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in large scale project delivery, multiple small projects
- A working knowledge of CDM and construction Health and Safety