Job descriptionPRS are working with a large FM business assisting them in their search for an experienced Small Works Manager who has experience of of running M&E projects ranging anywhere from £1,000 to £15,000.
ROLE: Small Works Manager
LOCATION: Office based in Coventry which you'd be required to go into 1 day per week. The rest you can either work from home or be on various sites
SALARY: £50,000 with either a company car or or car allowance of £4,860
Our client has had this particular contract for nearly 15 years and has an excellent working relationship with them. Their client has over 100 operational sites and 14 "office" sites all of which you would be responsible for the small works. Primarily the small works would include fire alarm upgrades, HVAC upgrades, Boiler replacements, Shutter doors installs anywhere up to a contract value of upto £15,000.
The sites range from Bridgend to Nottingham so location isn't important as long as travelling to Coventry isn't too much for you.
You will be tasked with between 300 and 400 jobs per month.
The role is very much stand alone where you won't be micro managed and have the autonomy from day 1 to make important decision.
• Experience within a similar role
• Thorough technical knowledge, plus relevant experience of small works and project management
• To be able to demonstrate knowledge of statutory regulations associated with all building services and Permits to Work systems in highly regulated and controlled environments
• Good knowledge of SFG20 and CAFM systems.
• Good knowledge of CDM regulations
• Technically qualified, minimum NVQ level 4, in appropriate engineering disciplines.
• AMPQ/Prince 2 qualified
• Strong analytical skills including root cause analysis and process mapping
• IOSH Managing Safely is required
• FM experience
• Relevant IWFM qualification is preferred
• Technical or trade background.
• Compliance awareness
• Surveying & costing experience
• Managing sub-contractors
• Managing DEL
To register your interest please follow the onscreen instructions.